Thursday, October 23, 2008

Changing Seasons

Wow, the weather is changing...at home anyway not here! Look at the difference in temperatures, between Livingston and Grenada, this morning!


Yes...we were up bright and early this morning, we had anatomy lab. Speaking of weather...it is still the wet season here and it has been so rainy! For example, this morning we had anatomy lab and small groups. These two meetings take place on opposite sides of campus so of course we have to walk from one place to another. Well, it was raining so hard when it was time for us to leave lab and go to small groups that the anatomy department got buses to drive us to our small group! It was wonderful because that meant we did not have to walk in the pouring rain! It did continue to rain most of the rest of the day and the ground is so saturated and even flooded in some places!


This weekend is Grenada's Thanksgiving, that means we have a 4 day weekend! We plan to take a couple days off and enjoy our free time! In fact I am making pumpkin cheesecakes! You know I love to bake and I am excited about having time to cook! I just hope they turn out good...since I don't have a full size oven. I know it will not look as good as my normal ones because I don't have all my things here...but it should taste good and Derek says that is all that matters...I like it to be beautiful and taste wonderful! Here is a picture of one of my pretty ones from last year...


You can also see more of my cakes I have made on our shutterfly page!


I am looking forward to having the time off this weekend for Grenada's Thanksgiving but I am dreading being away from home for US Thanksgiving (and that day is also my Mimi's birthday!)! It will be really hard for me to be here and not home for this holiday! Hope you all have a good weekend! I am sure we will!

Photobucket

No comments: