Friday, October 3, 2008

Greetings

I have not posted in awhile because we have been so busy, our classes have been crazy here lately! We actually have midterms next week so this will be a short post because time is short! We are doing well...of course just studying all the time.

Derek had his hair cut this last week...it was his first time having his hair cut here. I think they did a decent job but it is much shorter than he normally would have it. But, Derek says it is a lot cooler and he probably will not have to have it cut again until we come home in December...so that is good!

I think right now is a high season for fruit in Grenada. Our favorite smoothie place has been having lots of flavors to choose from...all the smoothie are made with fruit that is fresh straight from local farmers. Also, the fruit stands that set up on campus have had lots of goodies here lately! This last week I found a big pineapple and watermelon...not just any watermelon, a YELLOW watermelon. One of the fastest ways to my heart is through good fresh fruit...my Uncle Burwell definitely did this when I was young, I always looked forward to going to family reunions because I would always get fresh fruit from my Uncle Burwell!!! I think Grenada is starting to win me over or at least satisfying me with all this wonderful fruit!

This last week has been hectic...our air conditioner is messing up, AGAIN, and our internet is not working. It is Friday morning so we are on our way to the grocery and to the internet store...however it is raining and storming very badly, with thunder and lightning (which is very unusual)...so we are trying to wait out the rain!
Lastly, this past week I found a couple websites I think you might be interested in. The websites are two guys that take wonderful pictures and are both in Grenada. One lives here and the other guy's wife is in school at SGU. Enjoy their pictures...I sure do!
http://www.moderndaygilligan.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshy55013/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grenadad/

Also, we have midterms this next week!!! Please keep us in your prayers!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fruit looks great!! Granny would enjoy it. I am praying for your exams.