Monday, April 13, 2009

US Air Force in Grenada

For the past week Derek and I have noticed US Air Force C17 planes taking off and landing at the airport here in Grenada! We have been wondering what they were doing here! We finally found out today!

The 5th Summit of the Americas is in Port of Spain, Trinidad this weekend and Obama is going to be there!

We are assuming that the C17s we have been seeing this week have been bring in supplies. According to this article they were flying down the vehicles for Obama's motorcade.

We walked up to the top of campus today and took a few pictures! Hope you enjoy them!


If you look close the tail of the above C17 looks like this one below. I believe the plane came from Charleston, South Carolina! I found this picture below on the Internet, but I took all the others!

The video below is a series of picture I took of the C17 landing this afternoon.


I am hoping to take more pictures later this week! I will post them if I get them! I would like to get pictures of the fighter jets landing or taking off. When we went up there today the fighter jets had just landed there was a cable stretched across the runway to stop them because the runway is not long enough for the jets to stop. However the C17 stopped almost as soon as it landed...it did not use hardly any of the runway. It was an amazing site to see!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, I knew the Air force was there didn't know which island,.