Friday, April 10, 2009

Grenada Chocolate Company


Derek & I have discovered a lot of new and interesting things since we have been in Grenada! One of the new things we have found is local made chocolate from Grenada Chocolate Company! The chocolate they make is organic dark chocolate...60% & 71% chocolate...which is very dark!
I first tried their chocolate about a year ago. The first time I had it I thought it was terrible! I did not know that it was dark chocolate & it was the 71% too! When I bought it I wanted a Hershey's bar but could not find that...so this dark chocolate was far from what I wanted.
Since that first terrible experience Derek & I have bought it several times! It turns out the chocolate is really wonderful...even if you don't like dark chocolate!
The Grenada Chocolate Company has the cutest little van they drive around the island delivering their chocolate. We spotted it the other day on campus and I just had to capture a picture of it to share it with you! You can compare the side of the van to the full size car next to it in the picture!
If you are a fan of dark chocolate let us know and we can bring some home to you! The picture below is the wrapper...isn't it cute? Click on the picture to go to their website!



Photobucket

No comments: